The NDIS has been called the biggest social reform since Medicare. Under the NDIS, people (called participants) get to have more choice and options about the kinds of support and services they get. But sorting that out by yourself can be incredibly tricky. Sometimes people choose to do this themselves, but more often people will use a support coordinator to help them.
We suggest interviewing your support coordinator before you make a choice, to ensure you’re finding someone who is a good match for you and can meet your unique needs. Please contact us today or arrange a time to come in and interview one of our Coordinators of Support.
At NT Friendship & Support our Support Coordination team aims to build your capacity to undertake tasks associated with the management of your own supports. The type of Support Coordination you are funded for will be outlined in your NDIS plan.
There are three levels of Support Coordination:
- Support Connection
- Short-term assistance to implement your NDIS plan, including identifying service providers and negotiating Service Agreements.
- Support Coordination
- Longer-term support to build your capacity to navigate the complexity of services and supports you need from a range of providers.
- Specialist Support Coordination
- Specialist support coordination where you have a more complex situation
We offer a selection of NDIS services for participants. All our services are designed to be inclusive, strengths-based, focused on you and flexible to your unique needs. We can support you to:
- Get a job you love
- Live more independently
- Implement your NDIS plan and reach your goals
- Engage in the community
- Try new activities
- Make new friends and connections
- Do more of the things you love
- Have a break