Community Access & Inclusion

Location : Home > Community Access & Inclusion

We know that living in the NT is unlike anything else, and we love it! We also know that living remotely, and being a person with a disability or mental illness can be extremely isolating. We believe firmly in inclusion, and that no one should suffer social isolation. 

At NT Friendship & Support we can develop a program with you to support you to access the community. Whether it is through leisure and recreation activities, shopping, attending a one off event or just being part of the community.

Help us support you to achieve your individual goals by offering customised community based support. 

Contact us to learn more or give us a phone on (08) 8971 0027.

Group Activities - AccessAbility

Want to socialise and get to know other people? If so, then AccessAbility is for you. 

AccessAbility group will work with you on your NDIA identified goal’s within a group setting

We will be meeting in Katherine during the week and then again on Saturday morning. 

Like to know more about the group and when it will commence?

Click here to send us an email or phone us on (08) 8971 0027.

Senior Support

The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) is a home support and social support program funded by the Australian Federal Government. It assists older people to live independently for longer, and who don’t yet need higher levels of care. 

How do I know if CHSP is right for me?

Ask yourself these questions:

  • Are you 65 years or older, 
  • 50 years or older and identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person,
  • Are you still living at home?
  • Do you think that if you get some support, you will be able to remain living independently for longer?

If you answer ‘yes’ to these questions, then you, or your carer, can apply for CHSP services from NT Friendship and Support.

How does a CHSP assessment work?

Under CHSP a basic assessment is conducted by a My Aged Care regional assessor who will talk to you about your needs. Together, you will be able to work out what you need and if you  are eligible. Its all about what’s best for you. 

Do you have an unpaid carer, such as a family member or neighbour?

If you have a carer, the basic assessment will also take into consideration their needs in order to determine how they can best support you. CHSP can arrange for someone to support your carer to have a break,as well as providing expert advice and support

What types of services are provided?

CHSP services provided by NTFS may include:

  • 1:1 support in your home or within the Community
  • Social support in a group setting
  • Carer respite - to decrease carer burnout and to give both the care recipient and carer a break

Who pays for CHSP services?

The Australian Government funds CHSP service providers so they can deliver services to you, however; clients are required to pay a contribution for activities and services.

If you would you like to know more about CHSP and what we offer? Contact us today or drop into one of our offices.